Comal County Commissioners Court January 12, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of
COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, January 12, 2017
at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New
Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the
flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at
their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three
minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court
is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Susan E. Pichot for over thirteen years
of service to the Comal County Auditor's Office and to the citizens of
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Vintage
Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 4, combining Lots 812 and 813, establishing
Lot 812R. (Pct. 1)
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Mountain
Springs Ranch, Unit Two, combining Lots 212 and 213, establishing Lot
212R. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot
455R of the Amendment to Plat of Cypress Cove, Section Two with Lot 457
of Cypress Cove, Section Two, establishing Lot 455RR. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Amending Plat of Eagles Peak
Ranch, Unit No. Two, amending Lots 163, 164, and 165, establishing Lots
163AP and 165AP. (Pct. 4)
6. Discuss and consider acceptance of the filing under Texas Government
Code 51.605 of continuing education certificate of completion by Bobbie
Koepp, Comal County Clerk.
7. Discuss and consider approval of the Tax Assessor-Collector’s Monthly
Collection Report – December 2016.
8. Discuss and consider approval of refunds (over $2,500.00) of ad
valorem tax overpayments or erroneous payments and authorize the Comal
County Tax Assessor-Collector to remit refund payments.
9. Discuss and consider appointing and reappointing members to the
Comal County Historical Commission Board of Directors with terms to
expire December 31, 2018.
10. Discuss and consider appointing Alan R. Stahlman to the
Emergency Services District #3 Board of Commissioners.
11. Discuss and consider reappointing the following to the Water
Oriented Recreation District Board of Directors with terms to expire
December 31, 2018:
(A) Jennifer Robinson;
(B) Shane Wolf; and
(C) Allen Bartram.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code,
Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to
discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will
be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange,
lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of
the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development
negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation,
settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged
client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas
Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section
551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive
session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is
considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act
(Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and
who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons
who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested
to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2)
days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.