Comal County Commissioners Court
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of
COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, March 09, 2017 at
8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New
Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the
flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at
their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three
minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court
is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation by the Veterans Land Board recognizing and honoring
Comal County as the #1 county in Texas for land loans closed in FY 2016.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Vintage
Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 12, combining Lots 1479 and 1480, establishing Lot 1479R. (Pct. 1)
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon
Lake Village West, Unit No. 1, combining Lots 62 and 63, establishing Lot 62R. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Rancho
Del Lago, Phase Nine, combining Lots 18, 19, and 20, establishing Lot 18R. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of The
Point at Rancho Del Lago, Phase 5, combining Lots 219 and 220, establishing Lot 219R. (Pct.4)
6. Discuss and consider final approval of The Estates of Spring
Branch Meadows subdivision plat, accept a $30,500.00 cash deposit as
surety for road construction, and authorize the County Judge to sign the
Agreement Between Developer and Comal County Regarding Road Construction and Cash Deposit. (Pct. 4)
7. Discuss and consider approval of the Water Availability Report submitted by the Crystal Clear Special Utility District.
8. Discuss and consider approval of refunds (over $2,500.00) of ad
valorem tax overpayments or erroneous payments and authorize the Comal County Tax Assessor-Collector to remit refund payments.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Department of State Health
Services Amendment No. 01 to Contract No. 537-16-00001, and authorize County Judge to sign.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 2017-10 Nominating
John Tyler to fill the vacancy on the Comal Appraisal District Board of Directors.
11. Discuss and consider approval of US Army Corp of Engineers
Contract #W9126G-17-P-0056 for Increased Law Enforcement Services at Canyon Lake and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement II to Bid 2015-123
Flexible Base, Type A, Grade 1 and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
13. Discuss and consider approval of Capital Asset change in Road and
Bridge: Transfer $35,000 from EAA Tank System Compliance to Gate Improvements.
14. Discuss and consider approval of Capital Asset change in Road and
Bridge: DROP one Wheel loader ($180,000) and Grapple Bucket ($14,000) and ADD two single axle dump trucks at $87,000 each. No increase in budget necessary.
15. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code,
Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of
real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s),
and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information
deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive
session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act
(Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and
who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons
who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested
to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.