Comal County Commissioners Court June 15, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon Lake Forest, Unit No. 1, combining Lots 486 and 487, establishing Lot 486R. (Pct. 1)
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 3, combining Lots 1482, 1483, and 1484, establishing Lot 1482R. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of The Ridge at Mountain Springs Ranch, combining Lots 368 and 369, establishing Lot 368R. (Pct. 1)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of The Point at Rancho Del Lago, Phase 4, combining Lots 268 and 269, establishing Lot 268R. (Pct. 4)
6. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Lake of the Hills Estates, combining Lots 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Block 35, establishing Lot 2R. (Pct. 4)
7. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Mystic Shores, Unit Nineteen, combining Lots 2112 and 2113, establishing Lot 2112R. (Pct. 4)
8. Discuss and consider approval of a street name, HOOEY LN, for a private road located south of the intersection of Blazing Meadow Rd and US Highway 281 N. (Pct. 4)
9. Discuss and consider approval of the Agreement for Dedication of Right of Way Adjacent to Solms Road between Comal County and Cemex Construction Materials South, LLC and authorize County Judge to sign. (Pct. 3)
10. Discuss and consider approval of the Edwards Aquifer Authority Application for Well Plugging Permit to plug the Comal County Engineer’s Office water well.
11. Discuss and consider approval of the Bexar Metro 9-1-1 Network District Fiscal Year 2018 Budget.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Tax Assessor-Collector’s Monthly Collection Report – May 2017.
13. Discuss and consider approval of the reclassification of fully grant funded Veterans Treatment Court Coordinator position (N12-1) from part-time to full-time.
14. Discuss and consider approval to utilize Justice Court Technology Fund for travel expenses related to the Justices of the Peace and Constables Association Education Conference.
15. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in District Court, FROM: Supplies, TO: Visiting Judges to cover visiting Judge's travel and meal expenditures.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.