Comal County Commissioners Court June 22, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following donations to the Comal County Sheriff's Office Jr. Deputy Academy Camps Donation Line Item #010-000-2348:
- A) American Legion Post 179 Check #4249 for $250.00;
- B) American Legion Aux.#179 Check #1302 for $250.00;
- C) Mark Elders State Farm Agency Check #2995 for $250.00;
- D) New Braunfels Comal County Crime Stoppers Check #1039 for $185.00;
- E) VFW Post 7110 Check #1661 for $500.00;
- F) Digital D-Signs LLC Check #3746 for $500.00;
- G) Brian F. Piekarsky and Sherry A. Jackson Check #222 for $1000.00;
- H) Troy and Dustie Lumpkin Check #6135 for $50.00;
- I) Comal County Water Oriented Recreational District Check #7696 for $500.00;
- J) Painting with a Twist Check #2050 for $100.00;
- K) Canyon City Animal Hospital Check #003761 for $250.00;
- L) Ernesto's Jewelry Check #6307 for $250.00;
- M) Seidel Properties Check #002302 for $500.00;
- N) McDonald's HalJohn-San Antonio, Inc. Check #61716 for $500.00;
- O) North Shore Pharmacy Check #2324 for $100.00;
- P) Paul Swoyer Septics, LLC Check #22803 for $1,000.00;
- Q) Jet Tax Service, Inc. Check #4797 for $250.00;
- R) Christian Brothers Automotive New Braunfels Check #003628 For $250.00;
- S) Startz Café Check #17059 for $250.00;
- T) North Shore United Methodist Church Check #5181 for $250.00;
- U) Debra England DBA Rock Bottom Repair Check #3568 for $250.00;
- V) Zoeller Funeral Home Check #13008263 for $500.00; and
- W) Chief Deputy James Jones $100.00 cash donation.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of David K. Young for over twenty-seven years of service to the Comal County Criminal District Attorney's Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Retirement Recognition of Maria E. Gonzales for twenty-six years of service to the Comal County Court-At-Law Clerks Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
4. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of the temporary closures of portions of various County roads, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code §251.158, on July 1, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., for the Startzville 4th of July Parade, sponsored by VFW Post 8800 and VFW 8800 Auxiliary, and direct County Engineer to take appropriate action. (Pct. 1)
8. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 476 of Mystic Shores, Unit Four, with Lots 879 and 880 of Mystic Shores, Unit Eight, Establishing Lot 879R of Mystic Shores, Unit Eight. (Pct. 4)
10. Present and discuss Review of Existing Conditions and Existing Planning for the Landa and Courthouse Annex Buildings, consider proceeding with Scheme 1 or Scheme 2, and take any other appropriate action.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs - Contingency, TO: Auditor's Office Recurring Contracts for the purchase and implementation costs of New World CAFR/GASB Reporting Software.
16. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Juvenile Probation, FROM: Other/Miscellaneous Costs, TO: Medical Costs, Residential Services, Non-Residential Services, Office Supplies, Elected Officials, FICA, Retirement and Non-Capital Equipment to reallocate eliminated program funds to other expenditure line items.
17. Discuss and consider approval of Tower Site Lease #1 Bulverde ASR #1283508 with Moya Communications and authorize County Judge to sign.
19. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement II to Bid Contract 2015-128 Dense Graded Hot Mix Asphalt Type D Course Base with Brauntex Materials and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
20. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement II to Bid Contract 2015-155 Mulching of Green Waste with Austin Wood Recycling and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
21. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement II to Bid Contract 2015-330 Land Records Recording and Cashiering System and Vital Records Recording and Cashiering System and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
22. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.