Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda 06-29-2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of David K. Young for over twenty-seven years of service to the Comal County Criminal District Attorney's Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
4. Receive a report from HDR Architecture, Inc. and Yates/Sundt, Joint Venture on the Design Development Phase for the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation project.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider accepting the dedication of public right-of-way within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 14, accept the public roads into the Comal County Unit Road System, acknowledge completion of storm water drainage improvements, and release Construction Bond #SUR60001242. (Pct. 1)
6. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Comal County, Texas and the City of Spring Branch Relating to Road Repairs and Routine Maintenance within the Public Right-of-Way and authorize County Judge to sign.
7. Discuss and consider approval of Amendment No. 5 to Master Services Agreement for Response Services between Garner Environmental Services, Inc. and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
10. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION BY THE COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS AUTHORIZING AND APPROVING PUBLICATION OF NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ISSUE CERTIFICATES OF OBLIGATION; COMPLYING WITH THE REQUIREMENTS CONTAINED IN SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION RULE 15c2-12; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
11. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF A RESOLUTION RELATING TO ESTABLISHING THE COUNTY’S INTENTION TO REIMBURSE ITSELF FOR THE PRIOR LAWFUL EXPENDITURE OF FUNDS FROM THE PROCEEDS OF ONE OR MORE SERIES OF TAX-EXEMPT OBLIGATIONS TO BE ISSUED BY THE COUNTY FOR AUTHORIZED PURPOSES; AUTHORIZING OTHER MATTERS INCIDENT AND RELATED THERETO; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
14. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of Misdemeanor Investigator (LE9-11) position in Criminal District Attorney's Office to Crime Analyst (N13-1) position effective July 1, 2017.
16. Discuss and consider Professional Services Agreement for Architectural Services between Comal County and PLACE designers, Inc. for the Canyon Lake Girls Softball Association Concession and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
17. Discuss and consider selection for RFP# 2017-3301 Public Improvement District Administration and authorize Purchasing Director to negotiate contract and execute all related documents.
19. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.