Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda July 20, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
4. Presentation by the Bulverde Area Humane Society on Trap, Neuter, Return program for feral cats.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 1 of Block 1 of Ney Subdivision, with Lot 2 of Block 1 of Ney Subdivision, Unit 2, Establishing Lot 1R of Block 1 of Ney Subdivision. (Pct. 1)
3. Discuss and consider approval of the lien assessment for Lot 323 (Robert H. and Kumchu August) of The Estates at Mountain Springs Ranch, and direct the County Clerk to file said lien assessment in the Official Public Records. (Pct.1)
7. Discuss and consider appointing three non-paid directors to the Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District.
8. Discuss and consider approval of the appointment of David Young as an unpaid Reserve Deputy Constable for Precinct 3.
9. Discuss and consider approval to fill vacant Clerk III position (N4) in County Court-at-Law Clerks at pay step 3. No budget amendment necessary.
10. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.