Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda 07-27-2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of donation from Mrs. Mary Jekel, New Braunfels, in the amount of $50.00 to be deposited Sheriff's Office line item 017.2341 (Crime Prevention).
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of Comal County Regional Habitat Conservation Plan Participation Agreement between Comal County and CEMEX Construction Materials South, LLC for approximately 761.0 acres, being all of a called 751.146-acre tract of land (Tract 1) as described in Vol. 993, Pg. 819, and all of a called 10.01-acre tract of land as described in Document No. 201206033897 of the Official Public Records of Comal County, Texas. (Pct. 2)
5. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of Lot 1030R, Mystic Shores, Unit Six, establishing Lots 1030RA, 1030RB, and 1030RC, accept Construction Bond #1229447 as surety for storm water drainage improvements, and accept 0.14-acre dedication of right-of-way to the public along FM 306. (Pct. 4)
11. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF RESOLUTION NO. 2017-20 APPROVING THE FORM AND AUTHORIZING THE DISTRIBUTION OF A PRELIMINARY OFFICIAL STATEMENT FOR THE COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS SPECIAL ASSESSMENT REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2017 (THE CROSSINGS PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT).
12. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for the Crossings Public Improvement District Administration Services with PIDWorks, Inc. for RFP 2017-3301 Public Improvement District Administration and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
15. Discuss and consider appointing Jeri Fischer-Porter to the Comal County Historical Commission Board of Directors.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.