Comal County Commissioners Court August 3, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
3. County Judge presents recommended 2018 budget to Commissioners Court and files with the County Clerk.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider tax rate and set dates for Public Hearings.
3. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 17, accept Construction Bond #SUR60001381 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, and grant variance request. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Lantana Ridge, Unit Nine, accept Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. 573-17 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, and approve Agreement Between Developer and Comal County Regarding Road Construction, Storm Water Drainage Improvements, and the Letter of Credit. (Pct. 1)
6. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of Lot 1030R, Mystic Shores, Unit Six, establishing Lots 1030RA, 1030RB, and 1030RC, accept Construction Bond #1229447 as surety for storm water drainage improvements, and accept 0.14-acre dedication of right-of-way to the public along FM 306. (Pct. 4)
8. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Provision of Economic Development Services by and between the City of Schertz Economic Development Corporation and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
9. Discuss and consider approval of an order authorizing the issuance of “Comal County, Texas Combination Tax and Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2017A”; providing for the payment of said certificates by the levy of an ad valorem tax upon all taxable property within the county and further securing said certificates by a lien on and pledge of the pledged revenues of the solid waste management system; providing the terms and conditions of said certificates and resolving other matters incident and relating to the issuance, payment, security, sale, and delivery of said certificates, including the approval and distribution of an official statement; authorizing the execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement and an official bid form; complying with the requirements imposed by the letter of representations on file with the depository trust company; delegating the authority to certain members of the Commissioners Court and county staff to execute certain documents relating to the sale of the certificates; authorizing the execution of any necessary engagement agreements with the county’s financial advisors and/or bond counsel; and providing an effective date.
10. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.