Comal County Commissioners Court August 10, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following donations:
(A) Comal Cops for Kids Foundation check #1217 for the amount of $2,000.00 to be deposited to the Comal County Sheriff's Office Jr. Deputy Academy Donation Line Item 010-2348.
(B) Comal Cops for Kids Foundation check #1216 for the amount of $1,000.00 to be deposited to the Comal County Sheriff's Office D. A. R. E. Donation Line Item 010-2340.
(C) Canyon Lake Rotary Foundation check #1242 for the amount of $250.00 to be deposited to the Comal County Sheriff's Office D. A. R. E. Donation Line Item 010-2340.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Recognition of Alamo Academies Information Technology Intern.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider final approval of the Amending Plat of the VACATE AND REPLAT ESTABLISHING LOTS 452R AND 454R OF MOUNTAIN SPRINGS RANCH, UNIT THREE, amending Lots 452R and 454R to establish Lots 452RAP and 454RAP. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lots 2302 and 2305 of Mystic Shores, Unit Twenty-One, with Lot 2303R of the Amendment to Plat of Mystic Shores, Unit Twenty-One, establishing Lot 2302R of Mystic Shores, Unit Twenty-One. (Pct. 4)
7. Discuss and consider approval of a Resolution of the Commissioners Court of Comal County, Texas determining the costs of certain authorized improvements to be financed by the Grove Public Improvement District; Approving a Financing Agreement; Approving a Preliminary Service and Assessment Plan, including proposed assessment rolls relating to the District; Noticing a public hearing for August 31, 2017 to consider an Order Levying Assessments on Property Located within the Grove Public Improvement District; Directing the filing of the proposed assessment rolls with the County Tax Assessor-Collector to make available for public inspection; Directing County staff to publish and mail notice for said public hearing; and resolving other matters in connections therewith.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a salary adjustment to Supervisor of Nursing position (E8) in the Public Health Department from $56,223.70 to $59,530.90. (No budget amendment is required for 2017)
11. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.