Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda for August 17, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider accepting the dedication of public right-of-way within Fox Hill Subdivision, Unit Two, accepting the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System, and releasing the associated cash deposit surety. (Pct. 1)
3. Discuss and consider approval of Partial Release of Lien Assessment for property located at 1569 Arrowhead Drive, Canyon Lake, Texas, 78133, Unit 1, Lot 14, Arrowhead Village and authorize County Judge to sign.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Partial Release of Lien Assessment for property located at 445 Osage Drive, Canyon Lake, Texas, 78133, Unit 2, Lots 68 & 66, Arrowhead Village and authorize County Judge to sign.
10. Discuss and consider approval of a transfer FROM: Constable's Forfeiture Fund, Constable Pct. #2 Transfers Out, TO: General Fund Transfers In and Constable Pct. #2 Non-capital Equipment for the purchase of a radar.
13. Public Hearing on proposed Comal County Budget for 2018 and salaries of elected officials.
14. Public hearing on Comal County Tax Increase for 2017 to fund 2018 budget.
15. Discuss and consider setting salaries for Elected Officials for 2018.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.