Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda for August 31, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Proclamation recognizing the Agricultural Society of Fischer with the Texas Historic Commission Subject Marker.
3. Proclamation recognizing the Comal County Historical Commission with the Texas Historical Commission 2016 Distinguished Service Award.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation by Texas Federation of Republican Women on partnership with Patriot Paws in honor of Jan Kennady.
3. Grand prize drawing for the Catapult participant raffle.
4. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
12. Public Hearing concerning the proposed assessments to be levied against the assessable property within the Grove Public Improvement District.
13. Discuss and consider approval of an Order Accepting and Approving a Service and Assessment Plan and Assessment Roll, a Reimbursement Agreement, a Landowners Agreement for the Grove Public Improvement District; Making a Finding of Special Benefit to the Property in the District; Levying Special Assessments Against Property within the District and Establishing a Lien on Such Property; Providing for Payment of the Assessments in Accordance with Chapter 372, as amended, Texas Local Government Code; Providing for the Method of Assessment and the Payment of the Assessments, Providing Penalties and Interest on Delinquent Assessments; Providing for Matters Relating to the Foregoing; and Providing an Effective Date.
14. Discuss and consider approval of an Order Approving and Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of the Comal County, Texas Special Assessment Revenue Bonds, Series 2017 (the Crossings Public Improvement District); Approving and Authorizing Related Agreements, and providing for an Effective Date.
18. Discuss and consider approval the appointment of Karen Hobson as the Early Voting Ballot Board Judge for the November 7, 2017 Constitutional Amendment Election.
19. Discuss and consider approval of the appointment of the following personnel for the Central Counting Station: Manager, Donna Dandridge; Tabulation Supervisor, Cynthia Jaqua; and Presiding Judge, Debbie Mann.
21. Public hearing regarding Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) local program application in the amount of $13,606 for the purchase of a secure high capacity server.
22. Discuss and consider approval of Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) local program application in the amount of $13,606 for the purchase of a secure high capacity server, and authorize final submission of application.
24. Discuss and consider approval of Program Funded State and Local Task Force Agreement between the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration and the Comal County Sheriff's Office, and authorize Sheriff Reynolds to sign.
25. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement between State of Texas and Comal County Sheriff's Office to participate in the State Plan of Operations LESO Program and authorize County Judge and Sheriff to sign.
27. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement between State of Texas and Comal County Constable Precinct 3 to participate in the State Plan of Operations LESO Program and authorize County Judge and Constable Ackerman to sign.
31. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement II to Bid 2015-150 Food Service Management for the Comal County Jail Facility and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
33. Public Hearing on proposed Comal County Budget for 2018.
34. Discuss and consider adoption of Comal County Budget for 2018.
35. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.