Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda September 21, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held onThursday, September 21, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Recognition of Renee Couch for being named the County Treasurer of the Year 2017 by the County Treasurers' Association of Texas.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
4. Update on recent meetings of the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Transportation Policy Board and Technical Advisory Committee.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider acceptance of Grant Number 3273201 (Protective Order Victims Assistant Coordinator) from the Office of the Governor and authorize electronic submission.
6. Discuss and consider approval of the reappointment of Joshua Dean as Reserve Deputy Constable Precinct #4.
8. Discuss and consider approval of reorganization within the Human Resources Office by reclassifying one full-time Clerk IV (N5-3) to (2) part-time Clerk IV positions (1-N5-3 and 1-N5-1). No budget amendment necessary for 2017.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.