Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda September 28, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
8. Discuss and consider acceptance of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. FTFC-17270, and approval of the associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County, as surety for construction of roads and drainage improvements within the Johnson Ranch North – Master Tract Phase 3 subdivision. (Pct. 2)
9. Discuss and consider acceptance of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. FTFC-17271, and approval of the associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County, for construction of roads and drainage improvements within 4S Ranch Phase 1 subdivision. (Pct. 2)
10. Discuss and consider acceptance of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. FTFC-17288, and approval of the associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County, as surety for construction of drainage improvements within the Johnson Ranch North - Detention Pond Plat subdivision. (Pct. 2)
11. Discuss and consider approval of the Right of Entry agreements between Comal County and New Braunfels Utilities (NBU) on County-owned property pursuant to NBU’s proposed water system improvements along State Highway 46 and authorize County Judge to sign.
20. Discuss and consider acceptance of 12 Drager SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) from EOG Resources.
22. Discuss and consider approval of a salary adjustment to Commissioner Court Recorder/Accounting Manager position from (N7-1) in the County Clerk’s office to (N7-5). (No budget amendment necessary.)
23. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in CDA Forfeitures, FROM: Laboratory Testing and/or Witness Expenses, TO: Crime Prevention/Community Relations to provide funds to the Texas District and County Attorneys Association for use in training of prosecutors and their staff in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey as allowed under Article 59.06 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
24. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.