Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda October 26, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Angie M. Soliz for over thirty-seven years of service to the Comal County Sheriff’s Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Recognition of Employees for years of service to Comal County.
4. Presentation by Wurstfest Association.
5. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider acknowledging the completion of private roads and storm water drainage improvements within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 16, and release of the associated surety, Construction Bond No. SUR60001336. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 9 of Mystic Shores, Unit One, with Lot 247 of Mystic Shores, Unit Three, Establishing Lot 9R of Mystic Shores, Unit One. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and Consider approval of the request for “Dogs Running at Large” advisory signs at the entrance of the Summit Estates at Fischer, Texas subdivision and direct the County Engineer to take appropriate action.(Pct. 4)
7. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement Between Comal County and the Comal Appraisal District to Share Property Appraisal and Tax Database Technology and Hosted Voice System and authorize County Judge to sign.
9. Discuss and consider approval of line item transfer in Jail, From: (020-5020) Hourly Personnel, (020-5130) Hospitalization and (020-5150) Retirement; To: (020-5665) Housing Prisoners Out of County - $849,479 and (015-5491) Software and Support - $140,000 to cover expenses of out of county prisoners and MDT licenses for remainder of 2017.
11. Discuss and consider authorizing a payroll deduction from employee's wages or salary for the payment of dues to the Comal County Deputy Sheriffs Association.
14. Discuss and consider approval of the Comal County Auditor's FY 2017 Audit Report for the Criminal District Attorney's Chapter 59 Asset Forfeitures, authorize County Auditor to sign and submit said Audit Report to the Texas Attorney General pursuant to Chapter 59 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
15. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.