Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 2, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
7. Discuss and consider accepting the Continuation Certificate for Construction Bond No. SUR0033784 as extension of the surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements within Alto Lago, Unit 1. (Pct. 1)
8. Discuss and consider a proposal from the Cypress Lake Gardens Property Owners Association that Comal County accept the public dedication of private roads, a portion of Lake Park Drive and Cypress Gardens Boulevard, within Cypress Lake Gardens, Longhorn Section and Golf Range Section, respectively; and accept said roads into the Comal County Unit Road System; and direct the County Engineer to take appropriate action.(Pct. 4)
10. Discuss and Consider Private Improvement in the Public Right of Way (PIPROW) Permit request by Canyon Lake Noon Lions Club for signage on South Access Road and direct County Engineer to take action accordingly. (Pct. 4)
(A) Comal County; and
(B) Lateral Road and Flood Control.
13. Discuss and consider approval of an Order Accepting and Approving a Revised Service Plan Update for the Crossings Public Improvement District in accordance with Chapter 372, as amended, Texas Local Government Code; and providing an effective date.
14. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Alternative Dispute Resolution Services by and between Comal County, Texas and Central Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution, Inc. and authorize County Judge to sign.
15. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of grant funded LVN position from full time to part time.
16. Discuss and consider approval of the following position reclassifications in Public Health (No budget amendment necessary):
(A) Reclassify Clerk I (N2-1) position to Clerk III (N4-1);
(B) Reclassify Clerk II (N3-18) position to Clerk III (N4-15).
17. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.