Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 11, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 09, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of check donation from the American Legion Guadalupe Valley Post 35 in the amount of $5000.00 to the Comal County Veterans Treatment Court.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) Proposal for Early Works on the Comal County Jail Construction and Sheriff's Office Renovation Project from Yates/Sundt JV and authorize County Judge to sign.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 2017-30 Determining Votes Cast to Elect Directors for the Comal Appraisal District Board of Directors for the Years 2018-2019.11-09-2017/6 Resolution 2017-30 CAD Cast of Votes.pdf
7. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Road and Bridge, FROM: Administration-Consulting and Professional Services and Operations-Road Construction, TO: Administration-License Renewals and Telephone/Aircard, Operations-Waste Disposal to cover cost for the remainder of 2017.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Auditor's Office, FROM: Salaried Personnel, TO: Hourly Personnel and Non-Capital Equipment to reallocate funds for position changes from originally budgeted exempt position to non-exempt positions and purchase of two new desks.
9. Discuss and consider approval of the following organizational changes and revised job description in the Public Health Department:
(A) Eliminate PHEP Volunteer Coordinator position; and
(B) Reclassify PHEP Coordinator position from N-11 to N-16 to reflect added job duties. (No budget amendment necessary)
10. Discuss and consider approval of the following asset transfers:
(A) 2009 Ford Expedition, VIN #1FMFU165X9EA96903, from Surplus to Public Health; and
(B) 2005 Ford Crown Victoria, VIN 2FAFP71W55X129755 from Public Health to Surplus.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.