Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 30, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following check donations for the Junior Deputy Academy under the Community Resource Team of the Comal County Sheriff's Office:
(A)Luigina Cacchiani in the amount of $50.00;
(B) Jarrett & Leah Cochran in the amount of $40.00;
(C) Beverly & James Hoffman in the amount of $50.00;
(D)Treva & Brian Huffman in the amount of $50.00;
(E) Victor Kadish in the amount of $50.00;
(F) Rosemary Mendoza in the amount of $50.00;
(G)Glenn & Kathleen Longley in the amount of $50.00;
(H) Jacqueline & Carrie Ann Schaefer in the amount of $25.00; and
(I) Derek & Kimberly Young in the amount of $50.00.
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of donation of community outreach banner for the Criminal District Attorney's Office from Ally Signs.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation of the Walk Around Comal County Certificates and top placing teams.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider directing the Rural Recycling Department to accept natural Christmas trees and natural decorative holiday greenery from individual residents at no charge from December 27, 2017 through January 20, 2018.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in County Court at Law #2, FROM: Continuing Education/Travel, TO: Special Investigator to cover additional expenditures for the remainder of 2017.
11. Discuss and consider a line-item transfer in Administrative Costs and Vehicle Maintenance, FROM: Administrative-contingency, TO: Vehicle Maintenance-parts and repairs to cover repairs for the remainder of 2017.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.