Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda December 7, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, December 07, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
7. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Department of Public Safety, FROM: Salaried Personnel, TO: Hourly Personnel to reallocate funds for personnel changes from originally budgeted exempt position to non-exempt position.
8. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in County Court at Law #1, FROM: Hourly Personnel, FICA, and Mental Commitments, TO: Public Defenders/Attorney Fees and Psychiatric Evaluation to cover costs for the remainder of 2017.
9. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Justice of the Peace #2, FROM: Reimbursed mileage local, Dues and Interpreter, TO: Office Supplies to cover costs for the remainder of 2017.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in District Clerk, FROM: Hourly Personnel, TO: Continuing Education/Training and Salaried Personnel to cover anticipated overages for remainder of 2017.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Jail, FROM: Various accounts, TO: Salaried personnel, Hourly personnel, Cell phone allowance, Retirement, and Capital Equipment to cover costs for the remainder of 2017.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Courthouse Security, FROM: Fire & Security Systems Maintenance and Continuing Ed/Training, TO: Longevity, Training supplement, and Unemployment Compensation to cover costs for the remainder of 2017.
15. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Animal Control, FROM: Hourly personnel, Hospitalization, Fuel, Vehicles & Equipment and Continuing Ed/Travel, TO: Capital Equipment, Overtime, Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Compensation to cover costs for the remainder of 2017.
20. Discuss and consider the following re-appointments to the Water Oriented Recreation District of Comal County Board of Directors for two year terms to expire December 31, 2019:
(A) Doug Carver;
(B) Jennifer Bretzke;
(C) Lynn Lindsay; and
(D) Jim Green.
21. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.