Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda March 15, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider accepting donation to Sheriff's Office Junior Deputy Academy line item 000-2348 from Harry and Mary Catherine Cole, Bulverde in the amount of $1000.00.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation by the Comal County AgriLife Extension Office naming the winner of the best team name for the 2018 Spring "Walk Across Texas".
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
4. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider approval of the following changes on Emergency Services District #5 Board of Commissioners:
(A) Acceptance of resignation of Michael Rarick, effective March 2, 2018; and
(B) Appointment of Robert V. Guilbault to fill the unexpired term of Michael Rarick.
6. Discuss and consider approval of HDR Architecture, Inc.’s “Schematic Design Report for the Landa Building Renovation” pursuant to the Architectural Services Agreement between Comal County and HDR Architecture, Inc. for the Landa Building/Annex Buildings Renovation project.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.