Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda April 5, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, April 05, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
8. Discuss and consider approval of "Other Considerations" presented by HDR, Inc. in the Schematic Design for the Landa Building renovation and authorize Purchasing Director to take appropriate action.
13. Discuss and consider approval of the following changes on the Emergency Services #5 Board of Commissioners:
(A) Accept resignation of Dan Hamilton effective March 31, 2018; and
(B) Appoint David L. Geisbush to fill unexpired term of Dan Hamilton.
15. Discuss and consider selection for professional services related to Request for Qualifications (RFQ) 2018-500 Inspection Services and Construction Materials Testing and authorize Purchasing Director to negotiate and execute contract.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency-Capital and Non-capital Equipment, TO: General Fund, Transfers Out, Land Acquisition, Transfer In and Land Acquisition -R.O.W. Purchases and Expenses to provide the right-of-way funds for the State Highway 46 Improvements from Brentwood Drive to FM 3159.
18. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.