Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda April 12, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following gift card donations to the Public Health Department for the National Infant Immunization Week Children's Health Fair:
(A) Brookshire Brothers in the amount of $100.00;
(B) HEB in the amount of $50.00;
(C) Wally's Party Factory in the amount of $50.00; and
(D) Granny D's in the amount of $35.00.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
4. Discuss and consider violation of Comal County Public Right-of-Way Order for Private Construction within Public Right-of-Way located at 8510 River Road and take appropriate action.
10. Discuss and consider approval of transfer of funds, FROM: Sheriff's Office Federal Asset Sharing Fund - Fund Balance Reserves, TO: Non-capital Equipment (117.117.5614) to provide funds to purchase exercise equipment for the Sheriff's Office.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer for County Court at Law #2, FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency, TO: County Court at Law #2 Recurring Contracts and Copier Lease to provide funds to cover aiSmartBench maintenance agreement and unanticipated copier lease costs.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.