Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda April 26, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Wendy S. Martin for over twenty-six years of service to the Comal County Court-At-Law Clerks Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Recognition of Employees for years of service to Comal County.
4. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
5. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
11. Discuss and consider approval of Cost Sharing Agreement between Comal County, Texas and the Comal County Veterans Council regarding the Comal County Veterans Council Van and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to Interlocal Agreement for the Provision of Law Enforcement Services by and between Comal County and Comal Independent School District and Authorize County Judge to sign.
13. Discuss and consider approval of the recommendations of the Family Protection Review Committee regarding distribution of Family Protection Account Funds, and authorize distribution of said fund.
15. DISCUSS AND APPROVAL OF ORDER #409 BY THE COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF “COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS LIMITED TAX GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS, SERIES 2018”; LEVYING AN ANNUAL AD VALOREM TAX, WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS PRESCRIBED BY LAW, FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE BONDS; PRESCRIBING THE FORM, TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND RESOLVING OTHER MATTERS INCIDENT AND RELATED TO THE ISSUANCE, SALE, AND DELIVERY OF THE BONDS, INCLUDING THE APPROVAL AND DISTRIBUTION OF AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT PERTAINING THERETO; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF A PAYING AGENT/REGISTRAR AGREEMENT AND AN OFFICIAL BID FORM; COMPLYING WITH THE LETTER OF REPRESENTATIONS ON FILE WITH THE DEPOSITORY TRUST COMPANY; DELEGATING THE AUTHORITY TO CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE COMMISSIONERS COURT AND COUNTY STAFF TO EXECUTE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS RELATING TO THE SALE OF THE BONDS; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
16. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Public Improvement District Administration Services for the Grove PID by and between P3Works, Inc. and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
17. Discuss and Consider approval of Fixed-Rate Transportation Fuel Program with Texas Association of School Boards Energy Cooperative and authorize Purchasing Director to lock in fuel pricing and execute contract as directed.
18. Discuss and consider acceptance of the Financial Statements for the Fiscal Year ending August 31, 2017 from the Community Supervision and Corrections Department pursuant to Local Government Code Section 140.004.
19. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer for County Court at Law #1, FROM: General Fund, Contingency-Professional Services, TO: General Fund, CCAL#1-Visiting Judges, Interpreter and Transfer Out, and Jury Fund, Transfer In and Court Reporter Fees to cover unexpected additional costs due to increase in dockets.
20. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer for County Court at Law #2, FROM: General Fund, Contingency-Professional Services, TO: General Fund, CCAL#2-Visiting Judges and Transfer Out, and Jury Fund, Transfer In and Court Reporter Fees to cover unexpected additional costs due to increase in dockets.
21. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.