Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda May 03, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, May 03, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following Donation Checks for the Comal County Jr. Deputy Academy:
(A) Canyon Animal Clinic for $250.00;
(B) Hoffmann Floors, Inc. for $250.00;
(C) ValMark Chevrolet for $500.00;
(D) Spring Branch Veterinary Hospital for $250.00;
(E) Brauntex Materials, Inc. for $500.00;
(F) TEXPTS-Bulverde, LLC for $250.00;
(G) Troy and Dustie Lumpkin for $20.00;
(H) Paul Swoyer Septics, LLC for $1000.00;
(I) Ernesto's Jewelry for $500.00;
(J) BlueBonnet Motors for $250.00;
(K) Mountain Breeze, LLC for $250.00;
(L) Jet Tax Service, Inc. for $250.00;
(M) American Legion Aux. #179 for $250.00;
(N) JLT Salazar Enterprizes, LLC for $125.00;
(O) McDonalds - 35192 for $125.00;
(P) Christian Brothers Automotive New Braunfels for $250.00;
(Q) Trinity Jiu Jitsu for $125.00;
(R) Lone Star Spirits for $250.00;
(S) Anonymous donor for $500.00;
(T) Comal County Deputy Sheriff's Association for $500.00;
(U) Cryogenic Plastics Inc. for $250.00.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Presentation of the Walk Across Texas Certificates to top placing teams and individuals.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
7. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 2018-15 pertaining to the federal off-system bridge program administered by the Texas Department of Transportation to replace the North Solms Road Bridge.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Cost Sharing Agreement between Comal County, Texas and the McKenna Foundation regarding the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute Contract for the Design and Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Team and authorize County Judge to sign.
9. Discuss and consider approval of the appointment of Martin Escarzaga as a Reserve Deputy for the Office of Constable Precinct 1.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to Interlocal Agreement for the Provision of Law Enforcement Services by and between Comal County and Comal Independent School District and Authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a new School Resource Officer position (LE9-3) in the Sheriff's Office and a line-item transfer, FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency, Personnel, TO: Sheriff's Office - Hourly Personnel, FICA, Hospitalization, Retirement, Workers' Compensation and Unemployment to provide funding for new position.
13. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of Clerk II (N3-16) to Clerk VI (N7-1) Records Management Clerk in County Court at Law Clerks and revised job description. (No budget amendment necessary)
14. Discuss and consider approval of line-item transfers in the 2017 Budget of the General Fund, Road & Bridge Fund, Jury Fund, Debt Service Fund, Juvenile Case Manager Fund, Indigent Health Care Fund, Records Preservation Fund and District Clerk Records Preservation Fund between lines within respective funds to cover negative line-item balances caused by year-end accruals.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.