Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda May 24, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of Donation Checks from Comal Cops for Kids:
(A) $2000.00 for the Comal County Jr. Deputy Academy;
(B) $1000.00 for the Comal County DARE Program;
(C) $250.00 from Premier Bulverde Physicians (Raphael and Lisa De La Paz) for Comal County Jr. Deputy Academy; and
(D) $820.00 from New Braunfels Comal County Crime Stoppers Inc. for Comal County Jr. Deputy Academy.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider acceptance of the dedication of public right-of-way on the east side of Stahl Lane in the vicinity of Mustang Vista for lane expansion improvement being constructed by Lennar Homes of Texas Land and Construction. (Pct. 2)
10. Discuss and consider approval of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Office of the Attorney General and Comal County to provide a physical location within the county facility to install equipment necessary to establish a secure wireless internet connection.
13. Discuss and consider approval to authorize the submission of a grant application under the Fiscal Year 2018 Bulletproof Vest Partnership (BVP) program through the Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs in the amount of $24,024, to purchase eligible vests for law enforcement officers within the Sheriff's Office.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.