Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda June 14, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Steven D. McKin for twenty-three years of service to the Comal County Sheriff's Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Presentation by the American Heart Association-San Antonio Office, presenting Comal County with the City vs. County Challenge Trophy.
4. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider final approval of the plat of Meyer Ranch, Unit 3, accept Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. NUSCGS007529 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, authorize County Judge to sign the Agreement Between Developer and Comal County Regarding Road Construction, Storm Water Drainage Improvements, and the Letter of Credit, and grant variance requests. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of the temporary closure of portions of various County roads, pursuant to Texas Transportation Code §251.158, on July 4, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., for the Startzville 4th of July parade, sponsored by VFW Post 8800 and VFW Post 8800 Auxiliary, and direct County Engineer to take appropriate action. (Pct. 1)
9. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Auditor - Non-capital equipment and Books and publications, TO: Purchasing - Office supplies and Non-capital equipment to provide funds for purchase of new laptop.
10. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.