Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda June 28, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Recognition of Comal County Tax Office Management for the following professional designations:
(A) Christina Constable – County Tax Office Professional (CTOP) Designation;
(B) Sharon Carlson, Anissa Correll, & Monica Goodall – County Tax Office Professional (CTOP), Professional County Collector (PCC) & Professional Deputy Assessor-Collector (PDAC) Designations; and
(C) Cathy C. Talcott - County Tax Office Professional (CTOP), Professional County Collector (PCC) & Professional County Assessor-Collector (PCAC) Designations.
3. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
4. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider accepting Construction Bond No. 0732115 as surety for road construction and other improvements within Copper Ridge, The Addition, North Phase, and authorize County Judge to sign. (Pct. 2)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Advance Funding Agreement for Bridge Replacement or Rehabilitation Off the State System to replace the North Solms Road Bridge and authorize County Judge to sign.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement by and between Comal County, Texas and Guadalupe County, Texas for the loan of a travel trailer (Mobile Command Trailer) purchased with grant funds, and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the Texas Veterans Commission, 2018-2019 Veterans Treatment Court Grant Contract in the amount of $100,000 to fund programmatic expenses to include one full-time Court Coordinator, and authorize the County Judge to sign.
15. Discuss and consider approval of purchase of 9 desktop scanners and 7 Microsoft Surface Pros from Criminal District Attorney's Non-capital Equipment line (010-025-5614) instead of High Density File Cabinets.
17. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement to Bid #2015-330 Land Records Recording and Cashiering System and Vital Records Recording and Cashiering System and authorize Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
20. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement for the Provision of Law Enforcement Services for the 2018-2019 school year by and between Comal Independent School District and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
21. Discuss and consider approval of a new School Resource Officer position (LE9-3) in the Sheriff's Office effective August 13, 2018, and a line-item transfer, FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency, Personnel, TO: Sheriff's Office - Hourly Personnel, FICA, Hospitalization, Retirement, Workers' Compensation and Unemployment to provide funding for new position.
22. Discuss and consider approval of a line-item transfer in Sheriff's Office Federal Asset Sharing Fund, FROM: Non-capital Equipment, TO: Computer Components, Software & Supplies to provide funding for forensic computer supplies.
23. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.