Comal County Commissioners Court July 5, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held onThursday, July 05, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Dennis R. Koepp for over twenty-eight years of service to the Comal County Rural Recycling Department and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lots 686 and 687 of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 1, with Lots 686A and 687A of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 5, establishing Lot 686R of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 1. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider acceptance of the First Amendment to Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit #573-17 as surety for Lantana Ridge, Unit Nine, and accept the associated Agreement Between Developer and Comal County and authorize County Judge to sign. (Pct. 1)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 115R of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon Lake Island Subdivision, with Lot 117 of Canyon Lake Island Subdivision, establishing Lot 115RR. (Pct. 4)
7. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Cost Sharing Agreement Between Comal County, Texas and City of New Braunfels regarding Demand Response Public Transportation Services, and authorize County Judge to sign.
(A) CO #3 – Changes due to review comments from the Texas Jail Commission Standards and City of New Braunfels, $217,471 – Deducted from Owner’s Contingency;
(B) CO #4 – Changes due to review comments from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and Texas Accessibility Standards, $8,246 – Deducted from Owner’s Contingency;
(C) CO #5 – Changes due to Owner accepted value engineering items, $300,432 – Credited to Owner’s Contingency;
(D) CO #6 – Credit due to Tella Firma marketing authorization, $55,000 – Credited to Owner’s Contingency;
(E) CO #7 – Changes due to additional review comments from the Texas Jail Commission Standards, $2,764 – Deducted from Owner’s Contingency.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 2018-18 pertaining to the Texas Water Development Board Flood Protection Grant Application and authorize Assistant County Engineer, Robert Boyd, to act on behalf of Comal County in all matters related to the application.
10. Discuss and consider approval of the U.S. Department of Justice, FY 17 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program award (Award 2017-DJ-BX-0867) in the amount of $13,606 for the purchase of high capacity storage server, and authorize the County Judge to sign.
13. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.