Comal County Commissioners Court July 19, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following check donations to be deposited into line item 010-000-2332:
(A) Spring Branch Youth Football Association in the amount of $1,500.00;
(B) Spring Branch Tennis Association in the amount of $1,500.00;
(C) Bulverde Youth Soccer Association in the amount of $1,000.00;
(D) Canyon Lake Youth Soccer Club in the amount of $1,100.00; and
(E) Canyon Lake Hawks Youth Football Association in the amount of $500.00.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
6. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Comal County, Texas and the City of Spring Branch, Texas Regarding the Administration of the City of Spring Branch Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, and authorize County Judge to sign.
7. Discuss and consider approval of HDR Architecture, Inc.’s Design Development Report for the Landa Building Renovation pursuant to the Architectural Services Agreement between Comal County and HDR Architecture, Inc. for the Landa Building/Annex Buildings Renovation project.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement between State of Texas and Comal County Sheriff's Office to participate in the State Plan of Operations LESO Program and authorize County Judge and Sheriff to sign.
11. Discuss and consider approval of the following changes to the Comal County Emergency Service District #5 Board of Commissioners:
(A) Accept the resignation of Eldyn Ingerick effective July 13, 2018; and
(B) Appoint Don Hatcher to fill unexpired term of Eldyn Ingerick.
13. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.