Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda August 9, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 09, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of donation from Bulverde/Spring Branch Chamber Foundation in the amount of $71.00 to be deposited into line 010-2340 - D.A.R.E. Contributions.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
3. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of Lots 2 and 250 of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 1, and Lot 36 of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 15, establishing Lots 2R and 250R, Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 1. (Pct. 1)
6. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lot 4R of Block 6 of the Vacate and Replat of Westhaven Subdivision, Unit II, with Lots 3 and 6 of Block 6 of Westhaven Subdivision, Unit II, establishing Lot 3R. (Pct.1)
10. Discuss and consider appointment of Meiling Hernandez to the Comal County Child Welfare Board for a three year term.
11. Discuss and consider approval of the following changes to the Comal County Emergency Service District #7 Board of Commissioners:
(A) Accept the resignation of Howard Minor effective August 9, 2018; and
(B) Appoint Kim Carroll to fill unexpired term of Howard Minor.
13. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.