Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda August 16, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following donations for Constable Pct. #3 Canine Program to be deposited into line 010-2337 (Constable #3 K-9 Program):
(A) Marcive Inc. in the amount of $500.00;
(B) XJA Real Estate, LLC in the amount of $500.00;
(C) Comal Apartments LP in the amount of $350.00; and
(D) Greentree Apartments in the amount of $350.00.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
6. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 22, and accept Construction Bond #1156627 as surety for construction of roads and storm water drainage improvements. (Pct. 1)
9. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lots 1077, 1078, and 1079 of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 2, with Lot 1080R of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon Lake Hills, Unit No. 2, establishing Lot 1077R. (Pct. 1)
16. Discuss and consider establishing the Central Accumulation Station (CAS) for the November 6, 2018 General Election with Bobbie Koepp as CAS Presiding Judge, Cynthia Jaqua as CAS Tabulation Supervisor, and Donna Dandridge as CAS Manager.
20. Public Hearing on proposed salaries of Elected Officials for 2019.
22. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.