Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda September 6, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, September 06, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Administrative Costs, FROM: Contingency - Personnel, TO: Unemployment Compensation to provide for unemployment compensation reserve balance.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lots 25 and 27 of Arrowhead Village Subdivision, with Lot 57 of Arrowhead Village Subdivision, Unit Two, establishing Lot 25R of Arrowhead Village Subdivision. (Pct.1)
6. Discuss and consider acceptance of the dedication of public right-of-way from Comal Independent School District (CISD) for improvements constructed by CISD within the Texas Department of Transportation FM 3009 right-of-way as part of the CISD High School #4 construction project. (Pct. 2)
7. Discuss and consider approval of Roadway Material Transfer under the Local Government Assistance Program between Comal County and the Texas Department of Transportation, and authorize the County Judge to sign.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Yates/Sundt, Joint Venture request to utilize a portion of the Construction Manager-at-Risk’s Contingency pursuant to the agreement between Comal County and Yates/Sundt, Joint Venture for the Comal County Jail Construction and the Sheriff’s Office Renovation project and the associated Jail Guaranteed Maximum Price Proposal.
10. Discuss and consider approval of the Texas Association of Counties Health and Employee Benefits Pool 2018-2019 Administrative Services Agreement and Stop Loss Agreement, and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider approval of Memorandum of Understanding between Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Comal County pertaining to Information Technology Services, and authorize County Judge to sign.
19. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Juvenile Probation, FROM: Contingency, TO: Laboratory Testing and/or Witness Expense to cover anticipated cost for drug testing kits and laboratory confirmation for the remainder of 2018.
20. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Road & Bridge, FROM: Operations-Non-capital Equipment, High Water Warning System, Herbicide, Traffic Control Devices and Parts & Repairs, TO: Operations-Contract Services, Training, Building/Facilities maintenance and Administration-Utilities to cover remaining 2018 expenditures.
25. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.