Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda September 20, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of check donation in the amount of $5616.00 from Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce; $1000.00 to be deposited into (017-5332) Police Supplies and $4616.00 to be deposited into (017-5614) Non-Capital.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement recognition of Edward Lira for over twenty-one years of service to the Comal County Sheriff's Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of Lot 1, Ancient Oaks, Unit Two, establishing Lots 1RA and 1RB, and accept dedication of public right-of-way along FM 311. (Pct. 1)
7. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement by and between Comal County, Texas and Comal County Water Improvement District No. 1A for Tax Assessing and Collecting Services, and authorize County Judge to sign.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to Texas Council on Family Violence High Risk Team 2018 Demonstration Project Grant Agreement for the Criminal District Attorney's Office and authorize Criminal District Attorney to sign.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Criminal District Attorney, FROM: Hourly Wages, TO: Training and Education and Non-capital Equipment to re-allocate grant funds per terms of the Addendum to High Risk Team 2018 Demonstration Project Grant Agreement.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a budget amendment to increase Donation Income, Sheriff Office Police Supplies and Non-capital Equipment for funds provided by Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce to purchase personal floatation devices and drones.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Sheriff Office FROM: Capital Equipment, TO: Mobile Data Terminals, Maintenance Agreements, and Non-capital Equipment to provide funding for the purchase of 9mm handguns and licenses/maintenance on Mobile Data Terminals.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs - Contingency, TO: Constable #2 - Computer Components & Software to provide funding for the 2018-2019 CAD maintenance for mobile applications.
(A) Transfer Unit 1509, 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, VIN 1GNLC2EC2FR636613, with radio and camera, from Sheriff's Office to Constable Precinct 4;
(B) Transfer Unit 3042, 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe, VIN 1GNLC2E04DR314817, with radio, camera, and K9 equipment from Constable Precinct 4 to Sheriff's Office.
16. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.