Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda October 04, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, October 04, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
3. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
6. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Meyer Ranch, Unit 4, accept Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. NUSCGS019238 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, approve Agreement between Developer and Comal County to accompany the surety, and approve variance requests. (Pct. 1)
8. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plats combining Lots 769 and 770 of Mystic Shores, Unit Seven, with Lots 1675 and 1676 of Mystic Shores, Unit Thirteen, establishing Lot 769R of Mystic Shores, Unit Seven. (Pct. 4)
9. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL ORDER #419 APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF THE COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS SPECIAL ASSESSMENT REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2018 (THE GROVE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT); APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING RELATED AGREEMENTS, AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
10. Discuss and consider Resolution 2018-22 approving the issuance of bonds by Tarrant County Cultural Education Facilities Finance Corporation on behalf of Christus Health to finance or refinance the cost of health facilities located in Comal County, and with respect to a public hearing.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement for Comal County Jail Psychiatric Services by and between Hill Country MHDD Centers and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
14. Discuss and consider approval of grant award (#3560001) from the Office of the Governor - Criminal Justice Division to fund a Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence (SADV) Detective and authorize County Judge to sign.
15. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
(D) Deliberate business and financial issues relating to a contract being negotiated in accordance with Section 551.0725 of the Texas Government Code. 4
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.