Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda October 11, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of Lot 1R, Block 13, Town of Bracken, with the addition of 0.197 acre out of Survey No. 114, Vicente Micheli, Abstract No. 383, establishing Lot 1RR, Block 13, Town of Bracken. (Pct. 2)
5. Discuss and consider approval of the appointment of Chad Simmons as a Reserve Deputy Constable in the Office of Constable Precinct #3.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing the Sheriff to appoint the Assistant Jail Administrator/Captain (E11) position at $85,500. No budget amendment necessary.
9. Discuss and consider approval of the Office of Justice Programs, FY18 Edward Bryne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program award in the amount of $13,300 for the purchase of density meters, and authorize the County Judge to sign.
10. Discuss and consider acceptance of grant funds in the amount of $12,742.07, under the FY2018 Bulletproof Vest Partnership (BVP) program through the Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, to purchase eligible vests for law enforcement officers within the Sheriff's Office.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution Number 2018-23, authorizing the acceptance of a grant award under the Specialty Courts Grant Program through the Office of the Governor in the amount of $72,833.34, to support the Increasing Accountability Program and authorizing County Judge to accept award.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the Letter of Agreement between the Comal Division of the Caldwell Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) and Comal County to provide the services outlined in the Office of the Governor Specialty Courts Grant Program to support the increasing Accountability Program and authorize County Judge to sign.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Administrative Costs, FROM: Contingency, TO: Constable #3 - Fuel, Vehicles & Equipment to provide funding for fuel and vehicle use the remainder of 2018.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.