Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 1, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 01, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
5. Discuss and consider accepting Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. 60024 as surety for construction of roads and other improvements within the subdivision of Veramendi 1A-1, and authorize County Judge to sign associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County. (Pct. 1)
11. Discuss and consider accepting Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. 3660 as surety for construction of roads and storm water drainage improvements within the subdivision of Copper Ridge, The Addition, South Phase, and authorize County Judge to sign the associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County. (Pct. 2)
13. Discuss and consider approval of reclassification of Environmental Enforcement Coordinator (N12-8) position to Environmental Enforcement Specialist (N10-1) position in Environmental Health with revised job description. (No budget amendment necessary)
14. Discuss and consider approval of the revised job descriptions for the following positions in the Road Department:
16. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between New Braunfels Independent School District and Comal County on behalf of Comal County Public Health Department and authorize County Judge to sign.
17. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF ORDER #420 AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF “COMAL COUNTY, TEXAS COMBINATION TAX AND REVENUE CERTIFICATES OF OBLIGATION, SERIES 2018”; PROVIDING FOR THE PAYMENT OF SAID CERTIFICATES BY THE LEVY OF AN AD VALOREM TAX UPON ALL TAXABLE PROPERTY WITHIN THE COUNTY AND FURTHER SECURING SAID CERTIFICATES BY A LIEN ON AND PLEDGE OF THE PLEDGED REVENUES OF THE SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; PROVIDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SAID CERTIFICATES AND RESOLVING OTHER MATTERS INCIDENT AND RELATING TO THE ISSUANCE, PAYMENT, SECURITY, SALE, AND DELIVERY OF SAID CERTIFICATES, INCLUDING THE APPROVAL AND DISTRIBUTION OF AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF A PAYING AGENT/REGISTRAR AGREEMENT AND AN OFFICIAL BID FORM; COMPLYING WITH THE REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE LETTER OF REPRESENTATIONS ON FILE WITH THE DEPOSITORY TRUST COMPANY; DELEGATING THE AUTHORITY TO CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE COMMISSIONERS COURT AND COUNTY STAFF TO EXECUTE CERTAIN DOCUMENTS RELATING TO THE SALE OF THE CERTICATES; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF ANY NECESSARY ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENTS WITH THE COUNTY’S FINANCIAL ADVISORS AND/OR BOND COUNSEL; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
18. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: Jail - Supplies and Building/Facilities Maintenance, TO: Sheriff's Office - Maintenance Agreements and Capital Equipment to cover costs of renewing contract for software and purchase of floor maintenance machine.
19. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.