Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 08, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 08, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Discuss and consider acceptance of the following donations to be deposited into the Jr. Deputy Line Item 010-2348:
(A) Check # 4434 from Michael Turpin for $100.00,
(B) Check # 759 from Treva V. Huffman for $25.00, and
(C) Check # 2014 from Rosemary Mendoza for $50.00.
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of donation from Michael Turpin in the amount of $100.00 to be deposited into the DARE Donation line item 010-2340.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
7. Discuss and consider approval of the following Agreements and authorize County Judge to sign:
8. Discuss and consider approval of a Cost Sharing Interlocal Agreement by and between Comal County, Texas and the Water Oriented Recreation District of Comal County regarding the Flood Warning System Maintenance and authorize County Judge to sign.
(A) Comal County; and
(B) Lateral Road and Flood Control.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: General Fund, Sheriff's Office - Non-capital Equipment, TO: General Fund-Transfers Out, SADV Grant-Transfer In and Non-capital Equipment, and CVL Grant-Transfer In and Non-capital Equipment to cover cost of computers in excess of original grant funding.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: Jail - Supplies and Animal Control - Capital Equipment, TO: Sheriff - Non-capital Equipment and Animal Control - Supplies for the purchase of Simunition Sig P320 conversion kits and animal control supplies.
15. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.