Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 15, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider acknowledging the completion of private roads and storm water drainage improvements within Alto Lago, Unit 1, and release the associated surety, Construction Bond #SUR0033784. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider accepting the construction of roads and storm water drainage improvements within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 19, accept the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System for maintenance, release the associated surety, Construction Bond #1154953, and direct County Engineer to execute PIPROW driveway permits No. 104130 through No. 104134. (Pct. 1)
9. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to Task Force Agreement between the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Comal County Sheriff's Office, and authorize Sheriff Reynolds to sign.
10. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative - Contingency, TO: Sheriff's Office - Laboratory Testing and/or Witness Expense to cover expenses for the remainder of 2018.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Criminal District Attorney, FROM: Office Supplies, Books & Publications, and Training and Education, TO: Non-Capital Equipment for the purchase computers, scanners and desks budgeted for the 2019 year.
12. Discuss and consider approval of the following reclassifications and salary adjustments for Felony Attorney positions in the Criminal District Attorney's Office (no budget amendment necessary for 2018):
(A) Reclassify position 025-311-001 to Felony Attorney I (E14), FROM: $77,246.00, TO: $84,500.00;
(B) Reclassify position 025-311-002 to Attorney Felony I (E14), and authorize hiring at $82,035.39;
(C) Reclassify position 025-311-004 to Attorney Felony II (E13), FROM: $73,610.42, TO: $77,209.94;
(D) Reclassify position 025-311-005 to Felony Attorney I (E14), FROM: $73,611.00, TO: $79,691.53.
13. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.