Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 29, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
3. Recognition of the Walk Around Comal County top placing teams.
4. Update from the Project Team on the Comal County Jail and Sheriff’s Office Renovation Project.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of the temporary closure of various county roads in Sattler on Saturday, December 8, 2018, from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., for the Annual Canyon Lake Christmas Parade. (Pct. 4)
4. Discuss and consider directing the Rural Recycling Department to accept natural Christmas trees and natural decorative holiday greenery from individual residents at no charge from December 26, 2018 through January 19, 2019.
5. Discuss and consider amending title of item 7(I) from the November 8, 2018 agenda to Supplemental Agreement No. 4 between Comal County and Community Resource and Recreation Center of Canyon Lake, Inc.
(A) Comal County; and
(B) Lateral Road and Flood Control.
10. Discuss and consider approval of FY19 VINE Service Agreement under the SAVNS Maintenance Grant Contract No. 1989771 between the Office of the Attorney General and Comal County, and authorize County Judge to sign.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: Animal Control - Non-Capital Equipment, Sheriff's Office - Capital Equipment, TO: Animal Control - Office Supplies to purchase 6 iPads for animal control officers.
14. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.