Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda December 13, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, December 13, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
2. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Meyer Ranch, Unit 5, accept Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. NUSCGS025041 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, approve the associated Agreement between Developer and Comal County, and approve variance requests. (Pct. 1)
10. Discuss and consider approval of the Interlocal Agreement Between Comal County and the Humane Society of the New Braunfels Area for Animal Control Care Facility and Associated Services, and authorize County Judge to sign.
11. Discuss and consider approval of Second Amendment to Architectural Services Agreement Between Comal County, Texas and HDR Architecture, Inc. for Landa/Annex Buildings Renovation Project and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider reappointing the following to the Water Oriented Recreation District Board of Directors with terms to expire December 31st, 2020:
(A) Jean Robinson;
(B) Shane Wolf; and
(C) Allen Bartram.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Human Resources, FROM: Computer Components and Software, and Recurring Contracts, TO: Administrative Costs - Non-capital Equipment to provide funds for the purchase of a Fujitsu scanner.
18. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.