Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda January 10, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
3. Discuss and consider acceptance of a check donation from William Gardner and Lorraine Howard of New Braunfels in the amount of $500.00 to be deposited into line item 010-2341.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
9. Discuss and consider approval of appointment of Holly Hill to the Comal County Emergency Service District #3 Board of Commissioners.
10. Discuss and consider reappointing members to the Comal County Historical Commission Board of Directors with terms to expire December 31, 2019.
13. Discuss and consider approval of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 State Criminal Alien Assistance Program (SCAAP) award, under the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) in the amount of $27,499, to support the costs due to incarceration of undocumented criminal aliens during the program year.
16. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in County Court at Law #1, FROM: Mental Commitments and Visiting Judges, TO: Public Defenders/Attorney Fees to provide funds to cover expenditures incurred in 2018.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs - Contingency and various Jail line items, TO: Jail - Housing Prisoners Out of County to provide funds to cover expenditures incurred in 2018.
18. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency, TO: Human Resources-Pre-Employment Background Checks to provide funds to cover expenditures incurred in 2018.
19. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.