Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda January 17, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of John W. Bailey for over twenty-one years of service to the Comal County Sheriff's Office and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Retirement Recognition of Augustin Villanueva for twenty years of service to the Comal County Facilities Maintenance and to the citizens of Comal County.
5. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
10. Discuss and consider approval of Cost Sharing Agreement Between Comal County, Texas and the Comal County Veterans Council regarding the Comal County Veterans Council Van, and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Sheriff's Office, FROM: Equipment Maintenance, TO: Maintenance Agreements, Mobile Data Terminals, and Mobile Phones to provide funds to cover expenditures incurred in 2018.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Sheriff's Office, FROM: Non-capital Equipment, TO: Police Supplies to reallocate funds for the purchase of stop sticks that are under the $500 Non-Capital threshold.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Sheriff's Office GONE Ch. 59 Forfeitures, FROM: Laboratory Testing and/or Witness Expense, TO: Non-capital Equipment to provide additional funds.
17. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.