Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda January 31, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
3. Presentation by the Comal County Emergency Service Districts on the administration and operation of their respective districts.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
7. Discuss and consider final plat approval of the Vacate and Replat of portions of Lots 1 & 2 of Block 1, Deep Acres Estates No. 2, with the addition of 3.855 acres out of the Maria Ampara Survey No. 3, Abstract No. 5, establishing Peirsol Subdivision. (Pct. 4)
9. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Provision of Economic Development Services by and between the City of Schertz Economic Development Corporation and Comal County, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
15. Discuss and consider approval of budget amendment in Indigent Health Care, FROM: Fund Balance Reserves, TO: Intergovernmental Transfer to provide funding for intergovernmental transfers to support CHRISTUS Santa Rosa for indigent care.
16. DISCUSS AND CONSIDER APPROVAL OF ORDER #421 APPROVING AN AMENDED PROJECT PLAN AND FINANCE PLAN FOR REINVESTMENT ZONE NUMBER ONE, CITY OF NEW BRAUNFELS, TEXAS TO REFLECT AN INCREASE IN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE ZONE AND TO INCLUDE THE PHASE II PROJECT; AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION OF A PHASE II TAX INCREMENT PARTICIPATION INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT; AND OTHER MATTERS IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
17. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.