Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda February 7, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, February 07, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
2. Proclamation recognizing February 2019 as Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month in Comal County and recognition of Ellie Truan as Advocate of the Year for the Texas Council on Family Violence Young Hearts Matter Dating Abuse Awareness and Prevention.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: Administrative Costs, Contingency - Professional Services, TO: County Court at Law #2 Court - Visiting Judges to provide funding for additional probate court cases.
5. Discuss and consider acceptance of the dedication of public road right-of-way within The Crossings at Havenwood, Unit 4 and along FM 1102, acceptance of the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System for maintenance, and release of Construction Bond #1155211; and direct the County Engineer to issue PIPROW Permit #104177. (Pct. 3)
10. Discuss and consider approval of Order #422 granting discretionary exemption from Section 262.023 of the Texas Local Government Code for Motorola Maintenance Agreement and authorize the Purchasing Director to execute all related documents.
11. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer, FROM: Administrative Costs - Contingency, Capital & Non-capital Equipment, TO: Constable #3 - Non-capital Equipment to provide funds to purchase a new DVR for in-car video system.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.