Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda February 28, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
3. Presentation of Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2017 to Jessie Rahe, County Auditor.
4. Presentation by the Texas Forestry Service recognizing Emergency Services District #3 for the completion of the Community Wildfire Protection Plan.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of road construction within the subdivision of Veramendi 1-1, accept the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System for maintenance, and direct County Engineer to execute PIPROW Permit No. 104315. (Pct. 1)
4. Discuss and consider approval of road construction within Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 20, accept the roads into the Comal County Unit Road System for maintenance, and release the associated surety, Construction Bond #1155279. (Pct. 1)
5. Discuss and consider final plat approval of Vintage Oaks at the Vineyard, Unit 23, accept Construction Bond #1161202 as surety for road construction and storm water drainage improvements, accept dedication of right-of-way to the public along FM 2722, and approve variance request. (Pct. 1)
6. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Comal County, Texas and the City of Spring Branch Relating to Road Repairs and Routine Maintenance within the Public Right-of-Way, and authorize County Judge to sign.
7. Discuss and consider authorizing Commissioner Haag to execute all documents related to the sale of property located at 2350 Bulverde Road.
19. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution Number 2019-09, authorizing the submission of a grant application under the Specialty Courts Program through the Office of the Governor in the amount of $55087.50, to support the Challenge Felony Drug Court Program.
20. Discuss and consider approval of a grant award (#3575501) under the Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) through the Office of the Governor in the amount of $28,475, for the purchase of secure rescue phone negotiation equipment.
21. Discuss and consider appointment of Alexa Wuest to the Comal County Child Welfare Board for a three year term.
22. Discuss and consider approval of the appointment of Nick Bueche as unpaid Reserve Deputy Constable for Precinct 4.
23. Discuss and consider acceptance of the 2018 Comal County Racial Profiling Report (Compilation and Analysis of Information Collected) for the Comal County Sheriff's Office, pursuant to Article 2.134 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
24. Discuss and consider approval of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Solicitation No. W9126G18T0017 - FY19 Contract for Increased Law Enforcement for Canyon Lake, Texas, and authorize County Judge to sign.
28. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency-Capital & Non-Capital Equipment, TO: Sheriff's Office-Capital Equipment to replace a decommissioned transport vehicle.
32. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.