Criminal District Attorney - Staff
A Criminal District Attorney is a statutorily created office that is legally bound to not only handle all criminal matters for the designated county but also all civil matters related to representation of the county, county officials, and all associated matters. The Texas Constitution provides for the office of County Attorney in each county.
However, the legislature may abolish the office of County Attorney by establishing a Criminal District Attorney for such a county. This legislative change took place in Comal County in 1997. Prior to this, Comal County had a County Attorney and a District Attorney.
The statutory duties of a Criminal District Attorney include the following:
- Represent the State of Texas and victims of crimes in all criminal cases in the District Courts, County Courts-at-Law, and Justice Courts and in appeals therefrom.
- Represent the best interests of our children in Child Protective Services cases.
- Represent the victims of domestic abuse by obtaining protective orders against abusive family members.
- Represent the State of Texas and victims of crimes in ensuring that justice is rendered for juveniles accused of criminal offenses.
- Provide County Officials with written opinions or advice relating to the official duties of that official.
Criminal District Attorney's Office
Criminal District Attorney: Jennifer Tharp
Chief Civil Prosecutor: Tiffany Leal
Chief Felony Prosecutor: Sammy McCrary
Chief Misdemeanor Prosecutor: Mel Koehler
Office Manager: Charlotte Popp
Chief Civil Legal Assistant: Juliana Aguirre
Assistant District Attorneys:
|Tillman Roots||Joshua Presley|
|Rose Latham||Christina Rankin|
|Jacqueline H. Doyer||Lauren Cole|
|Clayten H. Hearrell||Ryan Vickers|
|Chari Kelly||Abigail Whitaker|
|Daniel Palmitier||Nicholas Robinson|
Mark Mault - Felony
Martin Bautizta - Felony
David Young - Misdemeanor
Amber Hardcastle - Felony
|Natalie Arthur||Brianna Foytik||Melissa Pelata|
|Elva Brenner||Sarah Lively||Shannon Reyes|
|Lisa Brooks||Jamie Mueller||Sinead Rodriguez|
|Maria Corona||Ida Paniagua||Stephanie Walker|
|Mary Alice Lopez||Beth Patton|