Justice of the Peace #3 Pay Tickets
1. This information is furnished as a courtesy to you by the Justice court of Comal County, Texas, to assist you in making disposition of the charge(s) filed against you. Your signature is a legal commitment to appear before the Judge. Your reply may be done completely by mail, using this letter. You need to respond before your due date on the citation.
2. IF YOU WISH TO ENTER A PLEA OF GUILTY OR NOLO CONTENDERE, please so indicate below in the proper space provided. A plea of Nolo Contendere means that you do not contest the state's charge(s) against you. The fine for a Nolo Contendere plea is the same as that for a plea of Guilty. Either plea indicates that you agree to waive appearances before the Court for trial.
3. You must refer to the schedule provided to you by the officer to determine the total amount of your Fine(s) and cost assessed against you. If you lost the fine and cost schedule please call our office to obtain the correct amount. Make your remittance by Cashier's Check or Money Order to the Justice Court Pct. 3. Return your copy of the citation and this letter with your remittance to assure proper credit.
4. IF YOU WISH TO ENTER A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY you must appear in open court. For additional instructions please call our office and speak to the Court Coordinator.
5. IF YOU FAIL TO RESPOND TO THE CHARGE(S) BY THE APPEARANCE DATE SHOWN ON THE CITATION, AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE WILL BE FILED AGAINST YOU FOR FAILURE TO APPEAR AND A WARRANT ISSUED FOR YOUR ARREST.
THE WARRANT WILL BE ENTERED IN A STATEWIDE COMPUTER. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE ARREST, AND IT MAY PREVENT A RENEWAL OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE.
A CONVICTION OF AN OFFENSE UNDER A TRAFFIC LAW OF THIS STATE OR A POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY RESULT IN THE ASSESSMENT ON YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE OF A SURCHARGE UNDER THE DRIVER RESPONSIBILITY PROGRAM.
YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
**The reply form is issued with the citation
(This form can be filled out on-line then printed)
Use Bureau Code: 3625552