Public Health - Goals
Comal County Public Health (CCPH) is guided by a vision: a safe and healthy Comal County. Multidisciplinary professionals work together to achieve this focal mission. Currently, there are twelve full-time employees and one part-time team-member creating a team that delivers public health-focused services such as immunizations, epidemiology and surveillance, emergency preparedness, education, and some clinic services. Our staff works under the guidance and direction of the Comal County Medical Authority.
THE MISSION OF THE COMAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
Protect and promote the health of Comal County residents.
THE GOALS OF THE COMAL COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
- Prevent epidemics and the spread of disease
- Promote and encourage healthy behaviors
- Respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prevent injuries