Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda October 25, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Retirement Recognition of Marlece A. Ebbesen for 18 years of service to Comal County Environmental Health and to the citizens of Comal County.
3. Recognition of Employees for years of service to Comal County.
4. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
4. Discuss and consider approval of HDR Architecture, Inc.’s “Schematic Design Report for the Annex Building Renovation” pursuant to the Architectural Services Agreement between Comal County and HDR Architecture, Inc. for the Landa Building/Annex Buildings Renovation project.
7. Discuss and consider approval of grant application to the Texas Veterans Commission for the 2019-2020 Veterans Treatment Court Grant Application in the amount of $100,000 to fund programmatic expenses to include one full-time Court Coordinator, and authorize County Judge to sign.
8. Discuss and consider approval of the Comal County Auditor's FY 2018 Audit Report for the Criminal District Attorney's Chapter 59 Asset Forfeitures, authorize County Auditor to sign and submit said Audit Report to the Texas Attorney General pursuant to Chapter 59 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
9. Discuss and consider approval of the following appointments for Reserve Deputy Constable in the Office of Constable Precinct #4:
(A) Kristen Vento and
(B) Eli (Jim) Turner.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs - Contingency, TO: Jail - Extradition Costs and Housing of Prisoners to cover additional costs for the remainder of 2018.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Road & Bridge - Administration, FROM: Capital Equipment, TO: License Renewals and Maintenance & Operations - Property Improvements to cover remaining 2018 expenditures.
17. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.