Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda November 20, 2018
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Tuesday, November 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
6. Discuss and consider approval of the placement of stop signs at both intersections of Isaac Creek Cir. and River Oaks Dr., creating three-way stop intersections at both locations. (Pct. 4)
8. Canvass the returns for the November 6, 2018 General Election.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Alternative Dispute Resolution Services by and between Comal County, Texas and Central Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution, Inc., and authorize County Judge to sign.
10. Discuss and consider approval of the following reclassifications and salary adjustments for Felony Attorney positions in the Criminal District Attorney's Office (no budget amendment necessary for 2018):
(A) Reclassify position 025-311-001 to Felony Attorney I (E14), FROM: $77,246.00, TO: $84,379.27;
(B) Reclassify position 025-311-002 to Felony Attorney I (E14), and authorize hiring at $82,035.39;
(C) Reclassify position 025-311-004 to Felony Attorney II (E13), FROM: $73,610.42, TO: $77,290.94; and
(D) Reclassify position 025-311-005 to Felony Attorney I (E14), FROM: $73,611.00, TO: $79,691.53.
15. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Jury Fund, FROM: District Courts-Public Defenders/Attorney Fees, TO: Other Courts-Petit Jurors to provide funds to cover costs for the remainder of 2018.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Human Resources, FROM: Pre-Employment Background Checks, TO: Employee Recognition Program to provide additional funds for employee recognition costs.
18. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Sheriff's Office, FROM: Capital Equipment, TO: Maintenance Agreements, Overtime, Fuel-Vehicles & Equipment, Mobile Phones and Mobile Data Terminals to provide funds to cover costs for the remainder of 2018.
19. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer in Jail, FROM: Capital Equipment and Building/Facilities Maintenance, TO: Overtime and Landscape Equip. & Supplies to provide funds to cover costs for the remainder of 2018.
20. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.