Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda March 14, 2019
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT will be held on Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
4. Discuss and consider granting a variance from the Comal County Subdivision Rules and Regulations requirement to connect roads between adjacent subdivisions, regarding the proposed plat of Oxbow on the Guadalupe Subdivision. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and consider approval of Addendum to Interlocal Agreement by and between Comal County, Texas and the City of New Braunfels for the utilization of a portion of the city building and property located at 424 S. Castell Avenue, and authorize County Judge to sign.
7. Discuss and consider appointing Cathy Talcott to the New Braunfels Downtown Board.
8. Discuss and consider reappointment of Robert Bruce to Emergency Services District #4 Board of Commissioners.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Third Amendment to the Interlocal Agreement to Provide Medical Services Between the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and the County of Comal and authorize County Judge to sign.
12. Discuss and consider a line item transfer in County Clerk's Archives Fund, FROM: Records Maintenance, Storage & Conversion, TO: Capital Equipment to provide funds for additional shipping costs for the Granicus project cameras.
13. Discuss and consider approval of line item transfer in Information Technology, FROM: Office Supplies, Hardware Maintenance & Support and Software Support, TO: Non-Capital and Capital Equipment to reclass funds to purchase miscellaneous IT items for other departments and purchase of two WatchGuard M500 Firewalls and six WatchGuard T70 Firewalls with Total Security Protection.
14. Discuss and consider approval of a line item transfer FROM: Administrative Costs-Contingency-Capital and Non-capital Equipment, TO: Facilities Maintenance-Building Improvements to provide funds for the installation of ADA access doors for JP#2.
15. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas Government Code.
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas Government Code.
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act (Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.